Monday 7 October 2019

The Wheel



"The good other day I was so happy,
And happiness was my true nature.
But not today, I’m so sad,
Is it sorrow my real nature?

Happiness and sorrow, never once
Meet me together, alone they come.
Sorrow comes first, then joy
And joy comes and later sorrow.

Never I sought sorrow in my life,
Happiness is what I always seek.
Joy and sorrow, are they in a wheel?
Revolving around and coming in turn.

No one suffers sorrow forever,
No one enjoys happiness forever,
They are in a wheel turning around,
Making us happy and sad.

Stop the wheel, when I’m happy
What to do to achieve this feet?
Being in happiness, is what I need
What to do to achieve this feet?

Do good and be happy
Do bad and reap sorrow.
This is what I learned from the learned,
That is the key for stopping the wheel.

Joy and grief, depends on destiny
But destiny itself depends on you.
Do good and change your destiny
Do bad and destiny will follow.

Having friends who destitute of friends,
Having foes who destitute of foes,
Having wisdom who destitute of wisdom,
Having happiness also through destiny.

Friends are not the cause of happiness,
Nor foes the cause of misery,
Wisdom will not bring you wealth,
Nor wealth brings you happiness.

Intelligence, not the cause of wealth,
Nor stupidity the cause of penury,
He only who possesses this wisdom,
Knows the world and the wheel of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment