Saturday 9 November 2019

Time Machine


In the midst of my sweet childhood days
I came across a gorgeous machine.
It was known by different names
But I called it my time machine.

A big roar, heard in the beginning
When I watchfully switched it to life.
I was in the middle of a battle
Fought around a century ago.

People, people running all around
Fighting without a reason I know.
Roars of victory and screams in fear
I failed to grasp their different tongue.

Back of horses, on the elephants
They fought a battle unlike to me.
Scenes of horror and bloodshed I saw
Closing my eyes I pressed the button.

Quiet different scenes I opened
In a beautiful well-furnished room
Witnessing an intense private scene
The meaning I couldn't comprehend.
  
It was surely in someone’s bedroom
Possibly a newly wedded one
Doing in light, should be in the dark
I changed the scene pressing the button.

Different images flashes in front
Again fallen to a battle field
Alien I was and alien it is
People around and the way they fight.

It was in a different planet
Rounding around a bright little star.
They are different and their weapons
Even the light different from us.

Then I decided to check the options
Of this marvelous magic machine.
It can crop centuries to an hour
And can extend an hour to a year.

It takes you to places in a blink
Even to somewhere outside the earth
To the new cities, towns or villages
And the deepest forest or the sea.

 While I was admiring the machine
A clear loud rumble came from my back.
Not from the machine sitting in front
It was from the real world where I live.

‘Switch of the TV, go to your room
To complete the homework, remaining’
My father is strict and to be obeyed
But I will come back, dear time machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment