Wednesday 20 January 2016

I





Staring at the album before me,
Memories came floating around me,
Dancing memories of good and old,
Came rushing and flooding my mind.

The front page of the album bears,
A smiling child in his birth suit,
Casting a cute shy look,
He showed his grace and beauty.

I stopped turning the pages,
When I saw a boy in trousers,
He was so naughty at times,
Running around the house all time.

Next page holds the picture of a man,
In a neat and nice wedding suit,
Looking so handsome and hot,
He showed his strength and power.

Then I closed the book of memories,
And looked up at the mirror in front,
There I saw an old gentleman,
Waiting for his time to come.

Yesterday's I is today’s I,
Today’s I will be tomorrow’s I,
Whatever changes happens around,
I am I and that will not change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment